On Friday, July 17, 2020, the National Volunteer Fire Council announced Fire Corps resources are being transferred to the NVFC’s website at https://www.nvfc.org/programs/firecorps/. This change will better provide you and prospective programs with the most current and applicable resources to start, implement, and manage a Fire Corps team in your community.
Through this new page, you can continue to access tools to help you design and grow your program, including:
- Training for departments and volunteers through the NVFC’s Virtual Classroom
- Information to start and implement a Fire Corps program
- Information to recruit for and promote a local program
- Tools to help potential volunteers get involved
- Tools for departments to recruit for their Fire Corps program as well as a public website to allow potential volunteers to find local opportunities through the NVFC’s Make Me A Firefighter (MMAF) campaign.
- Please register your program with the MMAF department portal at https://portal.nvfc.org/ to post your volunteer opportunities. This will replace your existing Fire Corps registration.
- Potential volunteers will be able to search for your program from the public MMAF site at https://makemeafirefighter.org.
We appreciate all you do to support your local fire and emergency services through Fire Corps. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Lori Shirley at email@example.com or Michigan Fire Corp representative Michael McLeieer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-492.3340.