MICHIGAN LOCAL ASSISTANCE STATE TEAM
The Michigan Local Assistance State Team (LAST), a line-of-duty-death response team, operating under the direction of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, provides the following services to the firefighters in the State of Michigan:
- A fire service survivor to work with family
- Department of Justice-Public Safety Officers’ Benefits (DOJ-PSOB) guidance
- Information concerning various Federal, State and local benefits
- Honor Guard and Ceremonial support
- Chaplain services referrals
- Other resources available to the department and family
The team will provide support and guidance, only when requested, to the Chief and family of the fallen firefighter. This support will continue as long as requested, providing the needed support mechanisms before, during and after the funeral.
The family and department of the fallen firefighter always remain the top priority for the LAST.
In the event of a LODD, to request LAST assistance through the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, please call 866-736-5868, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
To provide support and assistance for injured firefighters and rescue personnel; to provide support and assistance to families and loved ones of firefighters and rescue personnel killed in the line-of-duty; and to foster, promote, encourage and increase public knowledge and appreciation of firefighters and rescue personnel in the State of Michigan.