CHIEF RAY EVANS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship Scoring Guidelines
All applications will be reviewed by the Team Gregory Scholarship Committee. The Committee will judge each application in terms of:
- Benefits to be derived from the scholarship by the applicant, the applicant’s community and the emergency service based on the applicant’s essay.
- Benefits to be derived by the applicant and the emergency service that are outside normal department staff development training.
- Evidence that the applicant meets all the applicant criteria and has submitted a completed application package and submitted it by the specified deadline.
- Applicant will be notified by mail if their application is accepted.
- Applicant must be a current member of the Michigan Emergency Service (Fire, Police, EMS)
- Applicant must currently be an active member of a State Of Michigan, County, City, or Township Department.
- Volunteers /Career/Paid must have at least two years’ experience.
- Applicant agrees to use scholarships funds to attend the program they apply for.
- Applicant must be able to provide certification within their field of service.
- Applicant agrees to be included in future Team Gregory Charities promotional materials.
- If the applicant receives a scholarship, Team Gregory Charities will pay the training provider directly.
- If you are unable to attend the class, cannot find a replacement ,and TGC does not receive a refund , you will be responsible for refunding TGC the full cost of the class.
- The Maximum scholarship is $250 per student and $500 for a department to conduct a class.